Now I will insist that Summer is my favourite season and that my birthday is still in Summer - September 6th- but today is the 7th, so we can launch fully into all the things I'm loving this autumn.
1) Chocolate Orange Mocha Latte - This is a brand spanking new drink at Costa Coffee and its is delicious! It's orange falvour syrup, hot chocolate, a shot of coffee, cream and chocolate curls. It's super seasonal and super yummy.
2) Open Back Sweaters - Now I love sweaters and jumpers and cardigans and anything kintted. My boyfriend bought me a gorgeous backless example yesterday from River Island. It was £22 and a very fine loose knit, I got it in white and it looks killer with a pair of Jeans and little boots. Asos is currently stocking a Pepe Jeans backless chunky knit grey jumper for £42.
3) High-Heeled Platform Boots - These beauties are timeless. They look chic and sophisticated, yet punky and rebelious. Plus they keep your little tootsies warm. Jeffrey Campbell Lita's would be my go to suggestion, but you can find lots of high heeled Chelsea Boots or heeled Biker Boots for a fraction of the price. Miss Selfridge have a good selection online, I recommend their Bexs Lace Up Boots. These will look killer with a mini skirt and tights, and super edgey with a pair of skinny jeans.
4) Mini Skirts and Knited Tights - This is a style my mother has supported for as long as I can remember and my Dad always says that every few years the rest of the world catches back up with her. All you need for this super cute, cozy outfit is a denim skirt, or a skater skirt or anything that cuts you leg mid thigh. Then pair it with a pair of cunky knitted tights in any colour other than black. Mustard will always look incredible, as will burgundy, however grey is alwasy a perfect fail safe.
5) Formula One Racing - We are now just seven races away from revealing who the 2013 world champion is. Now Vettel may have a lead but he can still be caught, so there's still just as much on teh line as ever. Tomorrow is the Italian Grand Prix, where Red Bull are dominationg the front row. However I will forever be routing for Kimi Raikkonen day in day out I am a big supporter of Ice Man!
6) Half Tone Jumpers - With You Me At Six's latest video for Lived A Lie and Josh wearing a dip dye montone jumper I think these will be flying off the shelves. Topman do a great jumper for guys in this style it's so wram and soft that I will be nicking the one my boyfriend bought the other day. However for the ladies, there is a beautiful one by French Conection. This one isn't dip dye though. It's a maulted grey/whiet wool colour on top, with a black on the bottom, but instead of a gradual gradient it's a straight line. I love it for this reason. However it does cost £77 which I think is a bit much for a style that may only be in for this season.
7) More Effort - To me Sepetmber is the beginning of the year, this is because of school terms and the way the academic year works so now it's Sepetmber it feels like time to start putting things into motion, this is the first year where I've not had a school or college to go to. It feels strange, because now I just work. So now is the time to find something I'm actually passionate about.
8) Musicals - I'm a bit of a musical fan and by a bit I mean I like probably 5 musiicals of alll of the ones there are. I'm currently loving Les Misérables I have had it pretty much continually on repeat but I'm also feeling Evita and Jospeh some time soon. Plus the only musical my boyfriend will watch with me - Sweeny Todd
9) Bath Bombs - It's cold and rainy and your socks are sodden so you walk in and run a steaming hot bubble bath. There is not a single better way to spend a cold Autumnal afternoon.
10) Happiness - If you can wake up every morning with a smile on your face in warm cozy bed then what really have you got to worry about? Be happy every single day of your life.
What things can't you go without this Autumn?